none
ioS conversion errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have downloaded the full Visual Studio onto my windows 10 machine. I have an ios app (created in xcode on mac el capitan) that I want to convert. When I go to build it spills out two error of no clang.exe in \Documents\windows and also in \msvc\\objcrt\objc_2stage_init.h

This also happens when I try and build the samples files

Any ideas how to stop the errors and get them to build

thanks

• Moved by Oscar_Wu Monday, December 5, 2016 9:20 AM not support
    • Moved by Naomi NModerator Monday, December 5, 2016 11:02 AM Doesn't fit original forum
    Monday, November 7, 2016 3:08 PM

Answers

• You might ask in xamarin forums here.
    https://forums.xamarin.com/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, December 5, 2016 1:36 PM

All replies

• Hi ZyberPaddy,

Please share us the detailed error message you have encountered, which could help us further troubleshoot your issue.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 8:45 AM
  • I initially thought it was because I didn't have windows 10 but now I do and I still  get the same message.

with my app it gives this message

1>------ Build started: Project: Cyber Tools (Cyber Tools\Cyber Tools), Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
    1>  Note: Setting MaxClangProcesses to 1 because Modules are enabled.
    1>  ..\..\CentreViewController.m
    1>clang.exe : error : no such file or directory: 'Bridge\msvc\\objcrt\objc_2stage_init.h'
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
    ========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

for the sample it is the same

1>------ Build started: Project: WOCCatalog (WOCCatalog\WOCCatalog), Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
    1>  Note: Setting MaxClangProcesses to 1 because Modules are enabled.
    1>  ..\..\WOCCatalog\AccelerateViewController.m
    1>clang.exe : error : no such file or directory: 'Bridge\msvc\\objcrt\objc_2stage_init.h'
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
    ========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

much appreciated

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 4:49 PM
  • Hi ZyberPaddy,

According to your description and the error message, this issue is caused by the compatibility between xcode project and VS.

I suggest that you had better repost the issue to the following forum for a better answer. Such as whether need some settings in project that could make it run in VS. Thank you for your understanding.

https://forums.developer.apple.com/welcome

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 10, 2016 6:48 AM
  • Hi Thanks for that. Surely the samples should work though?
    Thursday, November 10, 2016 8:47 AM
  • Hi ZyberPaddy,

Thanks for your response.

I think we need to make sure that whether the project from xcode could by run in VS. If it does not support your idea, I think we could not run it in VS. If yes, whether need do some settings in our project.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:02 AM
  • Oscar,

Please do not move threads into the 'Using Forums' forum. You may either move them to the 'Off-topic forum' or 'Where is the forum for' forum as better suited forums.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, December 5, 2016 11:02 AM
  • You might ask in xamarin forums here.
    https://forums.xamarin.com/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, December 5, 2016 1:36 PM