Monitor Workfolder Sync State RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we using workfolders on over 5000 clients - the problem is, that neither the IT department nor the user has a fast possibility to monitor the last state of a workfolders sync.

we know about the view in the control panel -> workfolders... but tell this to the users (#eyerolling)

we want to determine the state by script (powershell, vbs) or registry query and than show a popup on the screen.

how can we achieve this? we found registry keys under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WorkFolders\Partnership\Microsoft.SyncShare.UserData" called "LastSuccessfulSyncTime" and "LastSyncHResult". we can translate the date/time but the "LastSyncHResult" stays at value "0" even if there are file errors and the sync is red/yellow in the control panel.

any help/ideas are appreciated.

thanks in advance!

Friday, February 28, 2020 3:12 PM

Answers

• Hello,

since apparently nobody can help, I solved the problem myself.

The solution is a combination of querying the registry keys, converting the dates/times and than query the windows eventlog with a filter (by time and by username)

Best regards.

• Marked as answer by toschreiber Wednesday, March 4, 2020 2:05 PM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2020 2:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Since this forum is for discussing the General Windows Desktop Development Issues and C++ focus, and this thread is not in the scope of this forum. I will redirect this thread to the correct forum to get better support. Thanks for the understanding.

Best Regards,

Drake

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 8:14 AM
  • Tuesday, March 3, 2020 8:49 AM
  • Hello,

since apparently nobody can help, I solved the problem myself.

The solution is a combination of querying the registry keys, converting the dates/times and than query the windows eventlog with a filter (by time and by username)

Best regards.

• Marked as answer by toschreiber Wednesday, March 4, 2020 2:05 PM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2020 2:05 PM