Remove Interfering Programs RRS feed

• Question

•  

When WLOC starts everyday it says I need to remove interfering programs.  I click the button "View List" and a list comes up of one program, big surprise, Ad Aware 2007.  When I click the "Uninstall Now" button, after a moment, a message comes up that says, "This action is only valid for programs that are currently installed".  

Now my problem is that I cannot remove this "warning" to get my status up.  How do I get this prompt to go away since there is in fact no Ad Aware on my pc?

Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:41 PM

Answers

• I've moved your post to the General folder. If OneCare sees AdAware 2007 on the PC, then it was not cleanly removed or it is still on the PC. You should check Control Panel - add/remove programs first, and remove it from there if it is present. If not, download and install it and then uninstall it again.

If OneCare continues to complain that it is present, please contact support for help.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, November 20, 2008 8:09 PM