TFS with CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to use TFS in my CRM 2013, so that we can review check in and check out or track the progress of task or escalation of bug etc.

as well as i want to perform automation testing in CRM form with the help of TFS.

Is it possible in CRM to attach with TFS and perform automation?

Thanks,

Friday, May 30, 2014 5:52 AM

All replies

• I don't know I it's been updated for CRM 2013, but I know that Visual Studio's automated testing had a set for CRM 2011. It was internal to Microsoft, but you could request it and use it as long as the system was on-premises without ADFS enabled.

As for TFS, right now solution export, unpacking the ZIP file and then adding all the individual files to TFS is the best way to handle changes.  Then everyone just needs to export as the develop, check out what they're going to alter, then unpack the solution file.  It's a little unwieldy, but it gets the job done, and everyone learns a lot about how a Solution file it built.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Friday, May 30, 2014 3:16 PM
  • You may want to read the Microsoft ALM guide for Dynamics CRM.  In it they cover source control and testing.  I'd also recommend looking into using the Solution Packager for expanding and packaging solultions.
    Monday, June 2, 2014 1:34 PM