vista laptop cannot find driver for printer on xp desktop RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a laptop running windows vista ultimate connected wireless to a 2-wire router, and a xp home desktop wired to same router. have a canon mp530 and a brother hl-2040 printer connected usb to desktop. Wloc was able to find printers and load on laptop but every time i try to print I get error message "windows cannot locate a suitable printer driver". was able to hook printers up directly to laptop and install and print with no issues. help please!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 2:05 AM

Answers

•  k-fink wrote:

I have a laptop running windows vista ultimate connected wireless to a 2-wire router, and a xp home desktop wired to same router. have a canon mp530 and a brother hl-2040 printer connected usb to desktop. Wloc was able to find printers and load on laptop but every time i try to print I get error message "windows cannot locate a suitable printer driver". was able to hook printers up directly to laptop and install and print with no issues. help please!

There is a thread in the Secure WiFi topic folder where someone has that same Canon printer and is unable to share it between Vista and XP. I don't know about the Brother printer. However, I recommend contacting support to have this looked at and, hopefully, resolved.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:13 PM