Live Mesh on a new Mac doesn't sync files within an existing local folder when it's first added RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Happy New Year everyone.

I just got a Mac (OSX snow leopard 10.6) and installed the latest Live Mesh for mac Version 0.9 (0.9.4501.0).  I added an existing folder 'My Test' (in which there is already one file, 1.txt) from mac to the Live Desktop.  The folder showed up on the live desktop and the live mesh bar so did the file.  However, the file always has a green icon with synchronization arrow attached to it and when I clicked on the file in live desk top, a message popped up saying the 'file has not completed uploading'  This remained the same for some time (this is a small plain text file containing nothing by 8 letters) until I decided to add another file 2.txt to the local mac folder.  This time, both 1.txt and 2.txt showed up in live desktop just fine: no more green synch icon, and fully downloadable.  

I repeated the exercise a couple of times with different folders of slightly more files.  The result looked to be the same.  A fresh addition of a local folder does not synch any existing files in the folder until a new file is added into the local folder.  All the while the action of adding folder/files are all recorded by the live mesh bar.

Anyone out there has similar experience?  
    • Edited by xiheng Friday, January 1, 2010 4:22 PM title was incorrect
    Friday, January 1, 2010 4:21 PM

Answers

• I can't echo your experience, as I don't have a Mac, but I've not seen this on PCs using Live Mesh.
    The best that I can suggest is to submit a bug report with logs.

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

Note that you may not receive a response to the bug report, though. It will be transferred to the internal system to be assigned to the appropriate development group.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 9:08 PM