Does OCS supports TAPI RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Does the OCS supports TAPI for call control?

I couldn't find any official references on this issue.

Is there API to support TAPI?

Any help would be highly appriciated.

Adi Amir

Senior programmer

IPGallery

Thursday, December 13, 2007 2:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Adi,

As I am new to OCS and Communicator I am not 100% sure, but I do no believe that a TAPI interface is available from Microsoft.  I have been looking for one myself, and did not find any documentation about it on the Microsoft sites.

During my search I did find the website of a company that writes add-ons for OCS, and they have a free program with small extension for Communicator.  It includes a TAPI interface.   It does correctly interface with our ERP system, but since we have no outside connectivity from OCS to the telephone network, I could not test it thoroughly.

http://www.estos.net/download/PhoneToolsCommunicator2.0.0.5uk.zip

Please check the licenses on the website, as I do not know if it is really 'free'.

Best Regards,

Wim

Thursday, December 13, 2007 2:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Adi,

As I am new to OCS and Communicator I am not 100% sure, but I do no believe that a TAPI interface is available from Microsoft.  I have been looking for one myself, and did not find any documentation about it on the Microsoft sites.

During my search I did find the website of a company that writes add-ons for OCS, and they have a free program with small extension for Communicator.  It includes a TAPI interface.   It does correctly interface with our ERP system, but since we have no outside connectivity from OCS to the telephone network, I could not test it thoroughly.

http://www.estos.net/download/PhoneToolsCommunicator2.0.0.5uk.zip

Please check the licenses on the website, as I do not know if it is really 'free'.

Best Regards,

Wim

Thursday, December 13, 2007 2:23 PM
  • Hi Wim

Thanks for your help. I shall look at the link.

BTW - Microsoft official call control interface is: CSTA-SIP.

Thank you

Adi

Sunday, December 16, 2007 7:12 AM
  • Hi Adi,

I works with OCS and Seltatel IP-PBX. Seltatel supports RCC via TAPI. I have a CallControlGateway ESTOS to convert TAPI signaling in CSTA-SIP and viceversa. The CallControlGateway works.You can download a free version(45 days)  from ESTOS web site.

I think that you don't have to  configure ESTOS CCG.

Tonino

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 9:17 AM
  •  

Hi Tonino,

did you have to add a childdomain (sub-domain) to your AD because of the static routing of the CallControlGateway?

Best regards edi

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 12:25 PM