Disk Mangement: Creating WireFrame? RRS feed

• Question

• Can anybody point to a blow-by-blow account of creating a wireframe?

I browsed the Tentace site, but didn't find anything.  Did a few Googles, but no joy.

What I'm doing now:

1) Select Disk Management

2) Click "Click her to begin wireframe setup"

4) Application opens "Windows Home Server Settings" window.

5) Click "Create New Wireframe

6) Application opens "Create New Wireframe" window.

7) Select "Add new drive bay"

8 Click "Ok"

9) Application returns me to "Windows Home Server Settings" window complete with the "Create New Wireframe" button and with no change to the empty rectangular ares on the right side of the "Server Wireframe" tab

I'm in a sort of loop at that point.

What am I missing?   

Probably something obvious to most... hence the request for a pointer to a blow-by-blow description of the process.

Tried importing a couple of wireframes, but was unable to make any changes - as in "Remove selected drive bay" or "Edit selected drive bay"... in the first case, nothing happens when I click "Ok" - wereas I'm expecting the selected drive bay to go "Poof!".     

````
    +
    +

4) Select "Add new drivebay" resulting "Create New Wireframe" dialog

5) Click "Ok"

6 Application takes me back to "Windows Home Server Settings" win
    • Moved by kariya21Moderator Monday, September 14, 2009 1:04 AM add-in question (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    Monday, September 14, 2009 12:15 AM

All replies

• Can anybody point to a blow-by-blow account of creating a wireframe?

I browsed the Tentace site, but didn't find anything.  Did a few Googles, but no joy.

What I'm doing now:

1) Select Disk Management

2) Click "Click her to begin wireframe setup"

4) Application opens "Windows Home Server Settings" window.

5) Click "Create New Wireframe

6) Application opens "Create New Wireframe" window.

7) Select "Add new drive bay"

8 Click "Ok"

9) Application returns me to "Windows Home Server Settings" window complete with the "Create New Wireframe" button and with no change to the empty rectangular ares on the right side of the "Server Wireframe" tab

I'm in a sort of loop at that point.

What am I missing?   

After you select "Add new drive bay", try the arrow pointing to the right.  :)

Probably something obvious to most... hence the request for a pointer to a blow-by-blow description of the process.

Tried importing a couple of wireframes, but was unable to make any changes - as in "Remove selected drive bay" or "Edit selected drive bay"... in the first case, nothing happens when I click "Ok" - wereas I'm expecting the selected drive bay to go "Poof!".     

````
    +
    +

4) Select "Add new drivebay" resulting "Create New Wireframe" dialog

5) Click "Ok"

6 Application takes me back to "Windows Home Server Settings" win

Monday, September 14, 2009 1:36 AM
  • Yup, kariya21 is correct. Wireframe creation is a wizard-driven process, so you need to click the "next" button instead of "ok". In our case, the next button is an arrow pointing to the left.

If you have any more problems, hit the contact link at http://www.tentaclesoftware.com/blog and I'll do my best to help.
    Tentacle Blog: http://www.tentaclesoftware.com/blog/
    WHS Disk Management: http://www.tentaclesoftware.com/WHSDiskManagement/
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:55 AM