none
Cross-platform Mobile Development RRS feed

• Question

• I'm researching what options are available to my company to develop cross-platform mobile applications written in C# .NET.  I am primarily targeting iOS and Blackberry.  After a few days of research, I have a couple of items I'd like some feedback on.

First, learning the native language is always an option.  Learning Objective C and/or Java certainly has its pros, but this wouldn't be our first choice for numerous reasons.

Second, are there any tools at all that allow one to write code in C# and deploy to iOS and Blackberry?  I have found several that target one or the other (e.g. MonoTouch), but not one that targets both.  And I readily acknowledge that doing something and doing something well are two different things. :)

Finally, we already have the knowledge to use some platforms that only use HTML and Javascript (e.g. PhoneGap), however these are just different ways to build web applications, correct?  They seem to be designed to work in an always-on-connection world, yes?

So if anyone has any thoughts or other items for me to look at, I would appreciate the feedback.

• Moved by Martin_XieModerator Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:22 AM Redirect to Windows Phone Forum for better support. (From:Visual C# General)
    Monday, September 26, 2011 9:12 PM

All replies