Evaluation copy of WHS converting to Full Version RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Currently my home server is running on WHS evaluation version (free 120days). Unfortunately, it's going to expire soon. I would like to stick with it that means I will purchase it. Is there a way to convert my existing evaluation version running trouble-free on my system to full version without having to format, reinstall and reconfigure again? I'm confused now. How can I purchase license for it?

Regards,
    Felix
    Sunday, December 7, 2008 7:11 AM

Answers

• FelixC1 said:

Hi,

Currently my home server is running on WHS evaluation version (free 120days). Unfortunately, it's going to expire soon. I would like to stick with it that means I will purchase it. Is there a way to convert my existing evaluation version running trouble-free on my system to full version without having to format, reinstall and reconfigure again? I'm confused now. How can I purchase license for it?

Regards,
    Felix

You must perform a Server Reinstallation.  This is a special install mode that wipes the OS partition, but leaves the rest of the data in tact.
    Sunday, December 7, 2008 7:15 AM
  • FelixC1 said:

Can I just purchase WHS software without buying HP home media server? Any weblink that I can go?

Yes.  You can buy the OEM version of WHS from websites such as newegg.com.
    Sunday, December 7, 2008 7:35 AM

All replies

• FelixC1 said:

Hi,

Regards,
    Felix

You must perform a Server Reinstallation.  This is a special install mode that wipes the OS partition, but leaves the rest of the data in tact.
    Sunday, December 7, 2008 7:15 AM
  • Can I just purchase WHS software without buying HP home media server? Any weblink that I can go?
    Sunday, December 7, 2008 7:23 AM
  • FelixC1 said:

Can I just purchase WHS software without buying HP home media server? Any weblink that I can go?

Yes.  You can buy the OEM version of WHS from websites such as newegg.com.
    Sunday, December 7, 2008 7:35 AM
  • Depends from where you live, often Amazon has listed the product also in their offerings.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Sunday, December 7, 2008 8:51 AM