LAP LINK RRS feed

• Question

• has anyone used Lap link to transfer Windows "One Live Care" software.  I'm about to use this to do a move of the program and settings on 7/15/08.  Anyone run into any problems ???

Saturday, July 12, 2008 6:05 PM

Answers

• I've not used PC Mover but I would instead recommend a clean installation of your programs. It is a lot more work to install all of your programs but worth the extra effort. If there are ant registry errors or program installation errors you will be transferring them to your new computer along with the programs.

Saturday, July 12, 2008 9:33 PM

All replies

• I've not used PC Mover but I would instead recommend a clean installation of your programs. It is a lot more work to install all of your programs but worth the extra effort. If there are ant registry errors or program installation errors you will be transferring them to your new computer along with the programs.

Saturday, July 12, 2008 9:33 PM
  • Thanks for your input...I was mostly looking at using this for data files.  The biggest issue I have with this is trying to get all my settings back for my Live One Care and My Qwest DSL settings.  I had a heck of a time when I started with Qwest after a number of yeras with ATT dial-up and DSL.  They finally had to send a Tech to the house on there dime to fix the problem.

Sunday, July 13, 2008 6:56 PM
  • Since OneCare has dependencies on other components and also works, like other security software, at a low level of the OS, I would not count on being able to successfully move it from one PC to another with any software the purports to be able to do this. You can probably successfully move your data and other programs, as these programs generally work pretty well, but I agree with Jim that you should install OneCare fresh and activate with the Qwest LiveID.

-steve

Monday, July 14, 2008 4:00 PM