Certificate and Visual Studio 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• I am in trouble by a certificate in Visual Studio 2005.

Here is what happened.

1. I upgraded my laptop from Win XP to Win 7 and the HDD was formatted.

2. I have a new application named Eagle by Visual Studio 2008. I have deployed 10 times, so current version is 1.0.0.10. 

3. I tried "Select from file" to choose the current certificate, but then it ask me a password that I do not have. 

4. I deleted the certificate and created using "Create Test Certificate". I did this because Visual Studio 2008 could not import the original certificate like I said.

5. Everything looks OK, so I deployed the application as version 1.0.0.11.

6. Since I had an option to see installation web page, it showed me the web site with version 1.0.0.10

7. I tried few more times to see version upgrade, but the installation web site showed me version 1.0.0.10. The version number was not changed.

8. So I deleted whole files on a deployment server and I started from version version 1.0.0.1.

9. This project was OK because this is new and I had only two users who were using this application. I just went to there laptop and remove the application and install the it with version 1.0.0.10

Here is my real problem.

I have an application named Tiger by Visual Studio 2005. I have 100 users for this application, so I don't want to re-install like above one.

How do i solve this certificate problem? If I try to do "Select from file" to import current certificate, then it asks me a password that I don't have.

Thanks.

• Moved by Larcolais Gong Friday, August 27, 2010 1:32 AM (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Hoorayo,

Thank you for your post.

Some clarification with you

When did your concern occur during deployment or installation?

Based on your description, it seems that your concerns are more related with deployment.

Could you please provide more clarifier information with me in your reply?

Look forward for your reply!

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, August 20, 2010 6:52 AM
  • Hi Hoorayo,

I'm writing to follow-up this post.

Any Updates from you?

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 3:07 AM
  • Sorry! I was going to give up since no one relied me for few days. I wish you have an answer for me.

I have to say my concern is about deployment.

I installed Windows 7 and installed VS 2005 in "Windows XP Mode" on my laptop which had Win XP and VS 2005.

When I tried to open my project thru 2005, then it says "Importing key file "HRMS_TemporaryKey.pfx" was cancel".

So I tried browse the file and import it, but it asked me a password that I did not created.

The reason I asked is this.

I removed the key and created a new one with my VS2008 project. I deployed it, but the version was not updated on publish.htm file.

I resolved the problem by deploying form ver 1.0.0.1 and re-install it for all PCs which were on'y two.

I have 100 users for VS2005 application. I don't want to re-install it for 100 PCs.

Do you see my problem? Let me know if you need anything from me.

Thursday, August 26, 2010 5:19 PM
  • Hi Hoorayo,

Glad to see your clarifier reply!

I would recommend that you could consult your concerns in ClickOnce Forum.

There are many exerpts could provide you more useful suggestions.

ClickOnce:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winformssetup/threads

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Friday, August 27, 2010 1:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Hoorayo Wednesday, September 1, 2010 3:41 PM
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 3:40 PM