Seem to be stuck at initializing Windows Home Server PP1 on install RRS feed

• Question

• Hopefully someone might be able to help me with this, when I try to install Windows Home Server, I keep getting stuck at setup is inializing screen.  The disk drive appears to be working but it just sits there at this screen.  How long does this process take on a install?  I couldn't find much on the internet with people with this problem, the one post I did find was to update my bios which I did and still nothing. Any sugesstions would help  I am installing it on:

Core 2 duo
    Asus P5n32-sli SE deluxe mobo
    4 gig of ram
    2 1tb hdd hitachi

• Moved by kariya21Moderator Monday, April 27, 2009 12:49 AM installation question (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    Monday, April 27, 2009 12:48 AM

All replies

• Hopefully someone might be able to help me with this, when I try to install Windows Home Server, I keep getting stuck at setup is inializing screen.  The disk drive appears to be working but it just sits there at this screen.  How long does this process take on a install?

That portion is only a couple minutes.

I couldn't find much on the internet with people with this problem, the one post I did find was to update my bios which I did and still nothing. Any sugesstions would help  I am installing it on:

Core 2 duo
    Asus P5n32-sli SE deluxe mobo
    4 gig of ram
    2 1tb hdd hitachi
    Have you tried replacing the DVD drive?
    Monday, April 27, 2009 12:51 AM
  • No I haven't but I installed windows xp on the same system after it failed with the windows home server intall so I am assuming the drive to be ok.
    Monday, April 27, 2009 12:56 AM
  • No I haven't but I installed windows xp on the same system after it failed with the windows home server intall so I am assuming the drive to be ok.

I would still try swapping the drive (there have been a few other users that said almost exactly the same thing and swapping the drive helped them).  Otherwise, I would have to assume there is something wrong with the media.  Is it an OEM copy you purchased from a store or did you download an iso and burn it yourself?
    Monday, April 27, 2009 1:26 AM
  • OEM copy purchased from the store.  I guess I will try swapping the drive and see if that helps I have plenty laying around the house so no biggie trying that.
    Monday, April 27, 2009 1:39 AM
  • On which port the DVD drive is attached? If SATA, it should be on one of the first 4 ports.
    Did you try, if you can boot the DVD in another PC?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, April 27, 2009 6:34 PM