Microsoft Office Project 2007, Certificartion Exam - Managing Projects RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am a project manager, with some basic training on the MS Project 2000 Software taken few years ago. 

The new company I started working recently manage its projects using the Microsoft Enterprise Project Management with access on the intranet to the MS Project Server (2003). 

I am looking for advice from experts to give me some jumpstart for me to prepare and plan to take this exam in the following months to obtain 70-632 certification. I want to advance my knowledge on Microsoft Project Software to have a more advanced or at least intermediate knowledge as I realized most companies do use MS.

I am not used to Microsoft Certifications process and procedures, but I am sure before assigning an exam I have a lot to do.

Question:

I want to know if purchasing the book Managing Projects with MS Project 2007 - Training Kit - 70-632 would be appropriate and sufficient.

I want to know if I have only access to Microsoft Project 2003 version at my job how usefull would be to buy and I use and try to apply the lessons and homework from the book above if the way I could see it is more target for companies with MS Project 2007 software version or higher.

Are there any free links or content were I could make an learning assessment of how much about MS Project I know, so I could tailor my study?

Regards,

Eduardo

Sunday, December 12, 2010 9:47 PM

Answers

• Hello Eduardo, I passed 70-632 in October, preparing with the Training Kit. I must say, that there were a lot of questions which have not been mentioned in the Book or on the CD of the Book. If you google you will find some free demo test questions which will be nearer to the Exam as the Training Kit. I recommend to you to use a free 30 days Project license at home and a good Project 2007 book to work through.

Good Luck

Michael

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Sunday, January 9, 2011 9:05 PM
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:14 AM