Can not at MCP site login by Yahoo mail account anymore? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a MCP ID with a Yahoo mail account for a few years. Today, I tried to login from https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/ but it keeps telling me 'The email address or password is incorrect. Please try again.'

I confirm I keyed-in the correct email address and password.

Can not at MCP site login by Yahoo mail account anymore? How can I fix the problem?

Thanks!

Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:22 PM

Answers

• The user reported this problem on 21st February and the MCP site was working then (I always log on and check when people report errors).  The maintenance period is for 22-24th February.  After the reported issue.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Saturday, February 23, 2013 10:48 PM

All replies

• The problem you're experiencing is not a MCP site issue.  It's a Yahoo issue i.e. the password you are entering for the email address is wrong. 

If the credentials you were using to access the MCP site weren't recognised, you'd be welcomed with a "First time user" screen asking you to associate your MC ID to your account.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:59 PM
  • Bluefall,

It might've been due to the site being down for maintenance (albeit a bit earlier than posted), double check the email account you've associated with your mcp,  your password  for that account, and then try back, according to the post below: 

The Microsoft Certification member sites (including MCP, MCT, and MOS) will be unavailable from

Start Time:
    Friday, February 22, 2013 6:00 PM (Pacific Standard Time)
    Saturday, 23 February 2013, 02:00 AM (GMT Standard Time)
    Saturday, 23 February 2013, 07:30 AM (India Standard Time)
    Saturday, 23 February 2013, 10:00 AM (Malay Peninsula Standard Time)

End Time:
    Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:00 PM (Pacific Standard Time)
    Monday, 25 February 2013, 02:00 AM (GMT Standard Time)
    Monday, 25 February 2013, 07:30 AM (India Standard Time)
    Monday, 25 February 2013, 10:00 AM (Malay Peninsula Standard Time)

due to scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Stacy

Saturday, February 23, 2013 5:20 PM
  • The user reported this problem on 21st February and the MCP site was working then (I always log on and check when people report errors).  The maintenance period is for 22-24th February.  After the reported issue.

Jeff Wharton

Saturday, February 23, 2013 10:48 PM