stored procedures to load data RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi

i figured a way to load bulk data into crm3.0 by writing by own stored procedure.is it advisable to do it???

Scenario:

i have 1.accountbase 2.accountextensionbase tables in crm3.0 i will insert the data into those tables using my

own stored procedures.

Thanks

Lokesh

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 12:04 PM

Answers

• No, you cannot insert or update the data directly into the database table using stored procedure.  The thing is, CRM will perform a bunch or related processes (e.g. created by, created on, update by, update on, triggers plugins and/or workflow, etc.).  So, you should insert or update data through CRM SDK Web Service.

You can only QUERY against the database directly with FitleredViews (e.g. filteredaccount).  Also, your stored procedure should not be placed inside the MSCRM database of you organization as this will populate the database and no gaurntees that your sp will be upgrade to the next version.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 7:24 PM

All replies

• No, you cannot insert or update the data directly into the database table using stored procedure.  The thing is, CRM will perform a bunch or related processes (e.g. created by, created on, update by, update on, triggers plugins and/or workflow, etc.).  So, you should insert or update data through CRM SDK Web Service.

You can only QUERY against the database directly with FitleredViews (e.g. filteredaccount).  Also, your stored procedure should not be placed inside the MSCRM database of you organization as this will populate the database and no gaurntees that your sp will be upgrade to the next version.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 7:24 PM
  • Dear Lokesh,

Its possible to achieve but not recommended and supported approach.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Thursday, July 31, 2008 7:34 AM