My Windows Console Icon... RRS feed

• Question

• has stopped showing up on one of my clients.  Windows Home Connector shows up and is checked as a startup program in MSCONFIG but the icon isn't there.  How do i get it back?
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 5:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Through Task manager, kill the process, then 'double-click' the WHS entry in your StartUp group. That should re-instate it.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    • Marked as answer by ncinsguy Thursday, November 6, 2008 6:34 PM
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 9:06 PM

All replies

• I think there's a separate WHStray.exe that displays the icon on the taskbar
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 7:35 PM
  • sorry actually in my MSCOfig is says "Window Home Server", i'm gonna search for the tray.exe now.
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 8:24 PM
  • Hi,

It's called WHSTrayApp.exe.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 8:30 PM
  • in task manager WHSTrayApp.exe shows up as running.
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 8:57 PM
  • Hi,

Through Task manager, kill the process, then 'double-click' the WHS entry in your StartUp group. That should re-instate it.

Colin

• Marked as answer by ncinsguy Thursday, November 6, 2008 6:34 PM
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 9:06 PM
  •  that worked but any idea why it's stopped showing up?  it's been that way for about a week now.  is there a separate startup process for the tray?
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 9:22 PM
  • ncinsguy said:

that worked but any idea why it's stopped showing up?  it's been that way for about a week now.  is there a separate startup process for the tray?

Everything in the Start Up group should start automatically when you first logon to your client PC.  You might try rebooting the client.  If that doesn't work, you could try uninstalling the Connector software, reboot the client PC, then install the Connector software again.
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 12:46 AM