MS Suggests One Care to Stop Trojan RRS feed

• Question

• My desktop started being turned off for some reason - like someone unplugged it -  I reported the problem and was told I my have a Trojan and tht One Care Repair System may remove it.  I keep seeing notices that One Care is not available and  is  not supported. 

I have tried to follow the links MS suggests but the software will not install.  I am connected to the net and turned Norton off but still no luck getting One Care t install.  I get error code 80072ee7 which suggests connectivity problems or Firewall problems.  Both were not a probem.

I get through 99% of the lad/instll before it fails.

Is One Care still available for download/install?  I would hope MS would remove this suggestion if using One Care is not available!

But I guess that would be typical?

Thanks -

Friday, April 8, 2011 11:11 PM

All replies

• If your having problems with One Care I would try something else.  Malwarebytes works incredibly well, so does Super Anti Spyware.  In fact, if you have Windows XP you can run the Microsoft Malicious Removal tool that comes installed on Windows.  To run it, open a run command (windows key + r) and type "mrt.exe" without the quotes or double click the mrt.exe file in C:\windows\system32.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:42 PM