How to send bulk email using template and attachment? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I read that bulk email cannot be sent with an attachment if a template is used. Is there any workaround for this? I need to send email to a whole lot of contacts using the same template, but I need to attach a marketing collateral to the email. Version is 4.0

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 7:22 AM

Answers

• CRM Bulk e-mail in general does not support attachments.  If you want to send bulk type e-mails with attachments, you will need to use workflow e-mail.

If you do a lot of bulk emailing, I would encourage you to use something like Exact Target (www.exacttarget.com).

They have a great integration with CRM.

The reason that I recommend doing this rather than sending directly is from CRM is because we have had several clients who sent large quantities of  bulk email and their Exchange servers got blacklisted, and they found that their customers could no longer receive their e-mails.

Besides mitigating these risks, it also gives you more visibility to what happens with these e-mails, as Exact Target provides detailed metrics about who read the e-mail, who clicked the link for the sales collateral, who forwarded the e-mail, etc.

With the integration, these actions are recorded as campaign responses, so you can act on them.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 7:32 AM

All replies

• CRM Bulk e-mail in general does not support attachments.  If you want to send bulk type e-mails with attachments, you will need to use workflow e-mail.

If you do a lot of bulk emailing, I would encourage you to use something like Exact Target (www.exacttarget.com).

They have a great integration with CRM.

The reason that I recommend doing this rather than sending directly is from CRM is because we have had several clients who sent large quantities of  bulk email and their Exchange servers got blacklisted, and they found that their customers could no longer receive their e-mails.

Besides mitigating these risks, it also gives you more visibility to what happens with these e-mails, as Exact Target provides detailed metrics about who read the e-mail, who clicked the link for the sales collateral, who forwarded the e-mail, etc.

With the integration, these actions are recorded as campaign responses, so you can act on them.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 7:32 AM
  • Thanks Joel. I will take a look at ExactTarget. By the way, are you in anyway related to the company Customer Effective?

Friday, September 12, 2008 1:51 AM
  • Yes, my name is Joel Lindstrom and I'm a CRM consultant at Customer Effective (www.customereffective.com).

Friday, September 12, 2008 2:28 AM