Problem editing a thread answer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I have a problem when I try to save a re-edited thread answer inserted few minutes before (see screenshot below): "Reason must be 4 to 255 characters long".

Readon must be 4 to 255 characters long.

Is it a normal behavior ?

Thank you,
    Luca Fabbri

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. | Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on "Vote As Helpful" & click on "Mark As Answer" if a post answers your question.

Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:20 PM

Answers

• Apparently it is now.  Microsoft I guess needs to know why you chose to edit your post.  Type in a reason down in the edit box and press submit.  Then it will post your changes (and not send the reason to the NSA).
    • Proposed as answer by Naomi N Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by lucafabbri365 Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:59 PM
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:27 PM

All replies

• Apparently it is now.  Microsoft I guess needs to know why you chose to edit your post.  Type in a reason down in the edit box and press submit.  Then it will post your changes (and not send the reason to the NSA).
    • Proposed as answer by Naomi N Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by lucafabbri365 Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:59 PM
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:27 PM
  • And the comment that the text was edited is no longer here.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:35 PM
  • Since they're not bothering to show us normal users that an edit has even happened any more, I've been putting in garbage. I generally clearly mark my edits anyway.

EDIT (see???): Apparently mods can see the edit information, it's just not shown to us.
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:37 PM
  • Hello Kamin,
    you are right !!! ...But I don't remember I had to put a comment while editing a thread answer before the UX upgrade.

However, thank you !!

Luca

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. | Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on "Vote As Helpful" & click on "Mark As Answer" if a post answers your question.

Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:59 PM
  • Hello Kamin,
    you are right !!! ...But I don't remember I had to put a comment while editing a thread answer before the UX upgrade.

However, thank you !!

You're right, you didn't have to put in a reason before the change.
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:00 PM
  • A comment was not required until this redesign was deployed. Now it is required if you edit a reply, but I believe it is not if you edit a question/discussion you started.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:03 PM
  • Hello Richard,
    I re-edited an answer that I inserted few minutes before, but I didn't start the thread (question/discussion).

Thank you again,
    Luca

Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:10 PM