none
I do not receive forum email RRS feed

• Question

• Everything was fine until I changed mailbox address.  My liveID is set up for my new email address but I have no idea where my alert emails are going.  Assumedly they are still going to the old mailbox.  I don't see anywhere to update this in this forum's profile.
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to check your notifications settings :-

1) Signin to forums with your live id and click on My Settings --> click on configure alrets.

2) Select option Your Alerts --> check for the your alert option is on

3) Click on Edit delivery --> Account information will appear on the screen --> select live options --> select Notifications

4) Check for the mail address --> My preferred mail address.

Please check for the correct mail address is displayed to receive the notifications.

Shrikant Maske Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    • Proposed as answer by Shrikant Maske Wednesday, September 29, 2010 9:32 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by mardukes Wednesday, September 29, 2010 5:59 PM
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 9:32 AM
  • Thanks but everything there is as it should be yet I haven't received an alert in nearly a year.  What does this message mean?

Thank-you for your interest in Windows Live Alerts. After much consideration we have decided to discontinue this service as part of the Windows Live offerings. Please sign up with Windows Live Alerts partners directly to  receive their newsletters or other content updates from them. Hotmail Calendar Alerts and reminders will continue to be managed by Windows Live Alerts for the time being.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:01 PM
  • Today we released a new alerts infrastructure, it may likely address many users' problems of never getting alerts. More about it is here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/52c75e6b-adf9-41f5-a61a-88ce9c91f799

You should go to your My Settings page and follow the instructions under the Configure Alerts section. You will need to enter an email and then we'll send a confirmation email with a link you will need to validate. After that, you should get email alerts.

Community Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by mardukes Wednesday, October 6, 2010 2:16 PM
    Friday, October 1, 2010 12:10 AM
    Answerer