Investment account platform fees RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to incorporate platform fees into the investment reports. For example my SIPP has a rough fee of about 0.7%, any fees I enter in the register as a category 'investment fees' that I made myself. This however does not show on the reports, meaning the reports are investment performance ignoring fees. 

Anyway to change this?

Thanks

Monday, January 9, 2017 8:30 PM

All replies

• If the transactions are entered into the Investment Transactions register, and if you can associate this fee with a particular investment, I would enter an "Other Expense" transaction into the Investment Transactions register. That lets you enter a Category, which you will make to be 'investment fees'. I tried that, and I saw it reduced the investment performance.

If there is more than one investment in the account, you can experiment. One idea that comes to mind is to make a fake investment where you Buy or AddShares 1 share for $0.00. Then enter an Other Expense transaction for that fake investment. I did not try that. Another, more laborious, way would be to allocate the fee to several "Other Expense" transactions for the several investments.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 3:10 AM
  • Thanks for the ideas, I think the only way to get the fee into the report would be to great a fake investment and call it 'platform fees'.
    Tuesday, January 10, 2017 7:20 AM