Virtual Lab not starting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

(Apologies if this is the wrong forum)

I've got to the end of one of the online Microsoft e-learning courses (Course 10237: Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7) I got with my Technet subscription but for some reason the virtual lab just does not want to play ball.

Upon launching, it shows me a page with instructions to install an Active X control which I allow and then I'm prompted around 3 times to allow "Virsoft something" or "VM something" to make changes to my computer (which I again allow). After the third or so time of clicking "allow" however I am simply redirected back to the Installing Active X page but without the notification bar to actually install it.  At this point I can do nothing except close and try again.

I'm running a recent and clean installation of Win 7 Ultimate x64 and have launched IE as an administrator.

Any help appreciated!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:58 PM

Answers

• Dear EC Ltd,

Please refer to the Cookies Enabled and ActiveX Control sections of the following TechNet article:

TechNet Virtual Labs: System Requirements

In addition, I would advise you to refer to the System Requirements for the Course 10237: Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7, and to make sure your computer meet the system requirements.

I hope that it will help you to solve your problem.

Towards your success.

Shyam Singh
    MCTS

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other users find a solution quicker

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Monday, February 27, 2012 6:01 AM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:24 PM