WHS 2011 HP\Acer server? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

Back when WHS came out, HP made the SmartServer and Acer had one as well I think. 

I've been trying to find out if there will be another SmartServer with WHS 2011 or do I have to build my own server for this?

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:14 AM

Answers

• HP supports installing WHS2011 on its Proliant range of servers but you will have to do it yourself - they do not supply preconfigured WHS 2011 servers. Acer is rumored to be producing one (announced in Japan).

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Marked as answer by Miito Wednesday, November 2, 2011 11:45 AM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 11:37 AM

All replies

• HP supports installing WHS2011 on its Proliant range of servers but you will have to do it yourself - they do not supply preconfigured WHS 2011 servers. Acer is rumored to be producing one (announced in Japan).

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Marked as answer by Miito Wednesday, November 2, 2011 11:45 AM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 11:37 AM
  • Thank you Mr. Harrison. This is great news.

I could of made something myself, but I like warranty and sexy design on those servers.
    Will wait and see what Acer produce before I decide. 

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 11:45 AM
  • It is very sad that on the WHS 2011 MS is listing all these retailers as carrying it but none of them really do....ever since they pulled out the Drive Extender from Vali all the vendors dropped their WHS developement and products...one would think this would bother MS but the reality of it is its not a mainstream product. My old WHS runs great...but I built it myself and rely heavily on the drive extender as a means of making all my old hard drives usefull. I am tempted to build a WHS 2011 but am reminded of that old addage if it aint broken then dont try to fix it meaning I can turn my existing WHS into a WHS 2011 since I did build it with that intention when they still had the drive extender in vali and I have a dual core 64 bit processor under the hood...oh well I need to win lotto badly then I will build em and sell then since there is a void in the WHS 2011 market right now. 
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 5:45 PM