HI I recently installed a whs and was wondering when will the scanning for media start? RRS feed

• Question

• I have it configured to check every hour but a few days have gone by with out the media collector doing anything. everything is enabled. help help..

can not I start a manual collection? some button? please help
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 12:31 AM

Answers

• I have it configured to check every hour but a few days have gone by with out the media collector doing anything. everything is enabled. help help..

That is not a built-in function of WHS (it's supplied by the server manufacturer, which I believe in this case is HP).  You should contact the manufacturer for support.
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 1:35 AM

All replies

• please help.
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 12:03 AM

That is not a built-in function of WHS (it's supplied by the server manufacturer, which I believe in this case is HP).  You should contact the manufacturer for support.
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 1:35 AM
  • I have had the same problem (only difference is that it ran once when first installed but only collected about 20% of my media files) and have not gotten any help from HP.  I suspects it is a problem getting the executable media collector program to run as a scheduled task (?)  I am on Windows 7 and all the published help covers Vista and XP.  If anyone can advise how to find the media collector/media aggregation program under Windows 7 and make it run as scheduled in the Home Server Console, I would appreciate that advice. 
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 2:16 AM