my date on my computer was wrong when my windows updated RRS feed

• Question

• my computer was telling me to update my computer and i did and then it told me to restart my computer and little did i know that my date was set wrong on my computer and when i restarted it thats when it told me that i was a vitim of counterfiet for this software...... how do i fix i??? this is a rebuilt computer i bought from someone 4 months ago..how can i fix this... i dont wanna be involved with anything counterfiet.. so someone please help me
    Thursday, April 27, 2006 2:23 AM

Answers

• MaryAnn:

I recommend properly setting the time on your machine. Our diagnostics web-site will be able to walk you through resetting your system clock.

www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag - Good luck!

-Phil Liu

Thursday, April 27, 2006 2:58 AM

All replies

• Mary:

What is the exact error you are seeing? Time out of sync? If this is the case, please head to www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag to reset your system clock.

Otherwise, let me know :).

-Phil Liu

Thursday, April 27, 2006 2:53 AM
  • no i accidently set my date a month behind earlier today and  when i did all this it said my date didnt match up to the update
    Thursday, April 27, 2006 2:55 AM
  • MaryAnn:

I recommend properly setting the time on your machine. Our diagnostics web-site will be able to walk you through resetting your system clock.

www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag - Good luck!

-Phil Liu

Thursday, April 27, 2006 2:58 AM