none
Why do you force me to use an insecure password? RRS feed

• Question

• Firstly, I apologise for this being the wrong forum, but I found no other way to contact you - please pass this on to the appropriate person.

I thought that I should inform you of a security problem with your system.  Because of your password validation algorithm, I now have an 8 character password for MSDN which I have written on a sticky note and attached to my monitor.

Please know that I only resorted to this after several attempts to make 25-30 character passwords which I could actually remember were denied.  Secondly, this information is now publicly accessible because there is no suitable way to inform you of the problem other than via this public forum.

Thanks for wasting 20 minutes of my life,

David

Monday, May 14, 2018 2:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Davace,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, I am confused about your question. What is it related to? System?

If it is related to windows system, please post your question in Windows community according to your Windows version.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

If it is related to code, please provide more details about this.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 7:24 AM