Microsoft outlook edits the file RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003. When I attach a doc or ppt file to a mail and send it across, Outlook edits the attachment before sending out the mail. The recipient receives the file of different size. The binary comparison of the original and new file does not match.
    There is an option in Outlook called "Add properties to attachments to enable Reply with Changes". I tried turning this off and then send out the mail. But it still edits the file before forwarding. This happens only with word and ppt files.
    Why does this happen ? Can you provide me a manual / programatic way by which this can be avoided ?
    • Moved by Bessie Zhao Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:40 AM (From:Visual Studio Tools for Office)
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 6:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Abhijit,

In this case, you are concerning about Outlook program. And VSTO is a technology that runs in-process with a host Office application with the purpose of extending the UI and some UI-related functionality.

I recommend you post this question on the Outlook newsgroup. You'll find the entry link in the forum's Please Read First message

Regards

• Proposed as answer by Bessie Zhao Friday, July 17, 2009 9:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Monday, July 20, 2009 2:55 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Bessie Zhao Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:39 AM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 9:46 AM