All users appear to be locked out of server RRS feed

• Question

• So out of the blue yesterday all of my client machines can no longer connect to my Vail server, which up until this point had been working fine. I have a number of users set up, and each one just gets 'incorrect password' if they try to login using Launchpad, and can't connect to network shares on the server either.

I can log into the server as Administrator, and have tried hunting around in Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups for any options which may have become enabled like 'Account Disabled' but cant find anything.

Friday, June 11, 2010 11:10 PM

Answers

• This happened to me too, so all i did was delete the user account on dashboard and recreated it and it works again, dont know what would have caused the error but its retatrded
    Sunday, June 13, 2010 6:59 PM
  • On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 23:10:18 +0000, DoubleGoodbye wrote:

I can log into the server as Administrator, and have tried hunting around in Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups for any options which may have become enabled like 'Account Disabled' but cant find anything.

Change your users passwords in Computer Management (you can change them to
    the same as the current password).
    This is a known issue for this build.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca

Paul Adare CTO IdentIT Inc. ILM MVP
    Friday, June 11, 2010 11:15 PM
  • Happened to me also and someone told me that the passwords expire after 43(?) days.
    It's after 42 days.  It's part of the default Group Policy used in the underlying OS (Server 2008 R2).  Although unsupported, you can logon to the server desktop and change it to 0 days, at which point the users' access will return to normal.
    • Marked as answer by DoubleGoodbye Tuesday, June 29, 2010 5:00 AM
    Monday, June 28, 2010 10:41 PM

All replies

• So out of the blue yesterday all of my client machines can no longer connect to my Vail server, which up until this point had been working fine. I have a number of users set up, and each one just gets 'incorrect password' if they try to login using Launchpad, and can't connect to network shares on the server either.

Did you try creating a new account on the server, then using that username/password from a client through Launchpad to see if it works?  Also, although I haven't tried this, I could see how you might have problems if your 30-day "evaluation" period is over and you didn't use a key to activate it.
  • On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 23:10:18 +0000, DoubleGoodbye wrote:

Change your users passwords in Computer Management (you can change them to
    the same as the current password).
    This is a known issue for this build.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca

Paul Adare CTO IdentIT Inc. ILM MVP
  • This happened to me too, so all i did was delete the user account on dashboard and recreated it and it works again, dont know what would have caused the error but its retatrded
    Sunday, June 13, 2010 6:59 PM

It's a beta product and it will have bugs.  If you can't handle that, you should stop using it and wait for RTM (instead of using insensitive and border-line offensive terms to refer to the product).

Sunday, June 13, 2010 7:51 PM
  • Oh i didn't mean it in an offensive way of anger or hatred lol. I just meant it in a playful way, if you take it the wrong way I guess it can't be helped.
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 5:13 AM
  • Dear Kin,

Do not worry about it too much, you made me laugh by spelling 'retarded' wrong. 

Ian

Saturday, June 26, 2010 5:07 PM
  • Haha i did, goes to show I didn't mean to offend anyone! I didn't even noticed i spelled it wrong, but yea thanks for pointing that out!
    Sunday, June 27, 2010 9:02 AM
  • Happened to me also and someone told me that the passwords expire after 43(?) days.
    Monday, June 28, 2010 4:42 AM
    It's after 42 days.  It's part of the default Group Policy used in the underlying OS (Server 2008 R2).  Although unsupported, you can logon to the server desktop and change it to 0 days, at which point the users' access will return to normal.
    • Marked as answer by DoubleGoodbye Tuesday, June 29, 2010 5:00 AM
    Monday, June 28, 2010 10:41 PM
  • This seems to be what my problem was, I think I had a slightly different way of fixing it in the group policy, but basically the same.
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 5:01 AM
  • Hi - could you please list the path under group policy to enable me to find the setting that requires changing - many thanks
    Friday, July 30, 2010 8:58 PM
  • Hi - could you please list the path under group policy to enable me to find the setting that requires changing - many thanks
    Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Account Policies > Password Policy.
    Friday, July 30, 2010 10:28 PM