create a record in CRM 2011 with picklist value as string? RRS feed

• Question

• how to create a record in CRM 2011 with picklist value as string?

i can create a record in CRM 2011 with picklist value as integer but not with string value any body please help its urgent

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 6:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Krunal,

This isn't possible as of now. but you can map int value to some string value in your jscript file constant and execute your requirement.

Regards,

Hiren.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 7:33 AM
  • there has to be some way to assign picklist string value anybody please help its urgent
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 8:38 AM
  • Can you elaborate what you mean by "how to create a record in CRM 2011 with picklist value as string"?

A picklist is an integer value in the background but you can assign any label (string) to that picklist value.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 2:36 PM
  • actually i have created a proxy class for CRM 2011 & now i have added this proxy dll into SSIS script component & now when i try to create a record in account entity there is attribute as picklist & in picklist it only allow integer value for assigning so if i have picklist string value & i want to assign to picklist how i can do that  please help
    Monday, August 6, 2012 3:44 PM
  • You will need to read in the attribute metadata to find which is the integer value that corresponds to your string.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Monday, August 6, 2012 3:56 PM
  • i am using proxy & i think i will not be able to access the metadata using crmproxy can you please provide me the code snippets to fetch for the specific entity picklist value from crm 2011 

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 4:49 PM