transportservice.exe RRS feed

• Question

• I've checked out the past threads regarding the TransportService.exe errors, and there doesn't appear to be a resolution. I have numerous and numerous errors in my Event Viewer. Here's the message

Faulting application TransportService.exe, version 6.0.2361.0, faulting module CriticalProcessSource.dll, version 6.0.2030.0, fault address 0x0000d6d2

I'm very adept in both Microsoft software and PC hardware, so I'm willing to do anything that is suggested. I have rebuilt this server three times on Sunday with the same errors. The hardware that is on this machine is nothing special, a Q6600, Asus P5K MOBO, 8 GB RAM, and two 500 GB Maxtor SATA II drives. Thanks all, I've lurked these boards for a while and there's lot of knowledge here.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 10:17 PM

Answers

• I've checked out the past threads regarding the TransportService.exe errors, and there doesn't appear to be a resolution. I have numerous and numerous errors in my Event Viewer. Here's the message

Faulting application TransportService.exe, version 6.0.2361.0, faulting module CriticalProcessSource.dll, version 6.0.2030.0, fault address 0x0000d6d2

I'm very adept in both Microsoft software and PC hardware, so I'm willing to do anything that is suggested. I have rebuilt this server three times on Sunday with the same errors. The hardware that is on this machine is nothing special, a Q6600, Asus P5K MOBO, 8 GB RAM, and two 500 GB Maxtor SATA II drives. Thanks all, I've lurked these boards for a while and there's lot of knowledge here. 

Did it work before you installed Power Pack 3 beta?  If so, please post your problem in the Power Pack 3 beta forum.  If not, WHS is only 32-bit.  You might try taking out at least 4 GB of RAM.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 4:22 AM

All replies

Did it work before you installed Power Pack 3 beta?  If so, please post your problem in the Power Pack 3 beta forum.  If not, WHS is only 32-bit.  You might try taking out at least 4 GB of RAM.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 4:22 AM
  • I am sorry to inform you but this error is still in the wild and the MARKED ANSWER is I am afraid NOT the answer !

I have less ram and have had this on at least 3 home server installations (differing beds)

The nearest I got to a resolution was to delete backups and reset the backup database OR give NETMAN local priveledges.

They are not always guaranteed to work either !

WHS fully updated prior to deployment so no users or backup database to actually delete

Netman given local rights so not that in this case.

This is still an OPEN issue as there are stil people looking for the real answer.

To be assumed that MS has given up on this one due to the OS being older SBS2003 but a real answer still awaits those using WHS

Do unto others before they get chance to screw you !
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 5:58 PM
  • Bob, while it may not be an answer to your problem, that doesn't mean that it wasn't an answer for someone else. There is frequently more than one reason for an issue to occur, and in your case it looks like you have some sort of issue that's corrupting your backup database occasionally (" ... delete backups and reset the backup database ... "). For that, I would look to storage or network drivers or hardware.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 6:30 PM