Patch 1105 money RRS feed

• Question

• I have hade the unfortunate event of a system crash. I do not have any core files backed up as I was only made aware yesterday that the money regime had ended by looking to see why my back up money file did not work. As I understand this is due to the servers going down at the end of Jan 2011 which my new install requires an update. I did not keep any back up mnycorefiles as I didn’t think I needed to other that the instructed money file. I find it disgusting that Microsoft can leave us in the lurch by this and ask what can be done other than obtain a patch file from someone who was aware of the need to keep one. I would imagine this may break some rules but couldn’t care less, Microsoft don’t.

Any help would be appreciated as I have been using money since 1998 and upgraded to money 2005 financial suite which I believe to be the last one. My bussiness depends on this. Regards, Brian

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:55 AM

All replies

• Constructive advice: if your business depends on something have a plan for recovery. This problem with M05 has been widely known for close to seven years. This fact of life for Money users--Microsoft walking away--has been widely known for three days shy of two years. Yes, I think what Microsoft did to Money users in general and M05 users in particular sucks. But it isn't a news flash and was pretty widely reported along the way.

Before anyone could help you they will need to know what Locale (US/UK/International) of Money you are using. M05 was NOT the last version in the US. IF you are US Locale, you have one other option if nobody offers you the files. Google Money Sunset or search the forum for more information on that path.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 2:14 AM
  •  

i ran into the same problem and i know now that i COULDNOT get the patch.  How can i convert my .mbf files into any other readable format by any available software??  Appreciate your answer.

Sunday, June 26, 2011 6:08 AM
  • The answer is that you need a version of Money. The version will depend on what country your *.mbf files are from.

Sunday, June 26, 2011 2:31 PM
  • tet4651

Which country are you in, e.g. which version of Money 2005 do you have? I have the UK version of the mnycorefiles folder which I can make available to you (with or without Microsoft's blessing).

Jim

Sunday, June 26, 2011 4:47 PM
  • tet4651

Which country are you in, e.g. which version of Money 2005 do you have? I have the UK version of the mnycorefiles folder which I can make available to you (with or without Microsoft's blessing).

Jim

Jim - Id love a copy of the UK mnycorefiles if possible. How can we arrange this?

Sunday, June 26, 2011 10:22 PM
  •  

i bought mine from Saudi Arabia. I don't know if there is "international" version!

Monday, June 27, 2011 11:44 AM
  • Download one of the Microsoft Money Sunset versions (for free) from Microsoft Download Center ............ install .......... then load your backup file created in Money 2005 using the usual restore backup method.

Worked for me...... I can now access my Money accounts (originally created in Money 2005 with the 1105 patch) in Sunset version of Money, whereas I could not access data (following system crash & subsequent reinstall of Money 2005) due to inaccessability of Patch 1105.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:22 PM
  •  

I tired to use Mircosoft Money Sunset version but it didn't work for me. It says "Money cannot open your file because it was created using a different version of Money"

Any other suggestion??

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 6:05 AM
  • Anyone who isn't prepared to wait for the official Sunset 2005 release, I'm prepared to make the 1105 patch available. Just email me at money2005@jimwillsher.co.uk

I'm quite sure this is probably against Microsoft's Terms and Conditions, but I'm afraid that the T&Cs went out the window when Microsoft dumped us all in the sh*t......

Jim

PS this will available for a limited time only.

Saturday, July 9, 2011 9:03 AM
  • Hopefully a few more people are in a happier situation than they were on Saturday. I've stuck my head above the parapet and helped a few people get access to their Money 2005 UK files, it's now time for others to share the support and do the same.

My offer to provide the MnyCoreFiles folder is now closed.

Jim

Monday, July 11, 2011 9:37 AM
  • Anyone would take over Jim's role and provide support with the bl..dy 1105 patch for those of us still having a non-usable MS Money and several years of financial data unaccessible? Please!!

I did not realise that the closure of the online Money services would affect a stand-alone UK version, well, I do now, a 'bit' late after replacing my crashed old laptop...

Thanks in advance,

Lola Cano

Saturday, July 16, 2011 10:57 PM
  • For anyone who's interested, I managed to find a copy of the updated 1105 UK files here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9MZ91B87

I followed the instructions in this article:

http://www.money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx

This seems to have fixed the problem. I can at least open my .mny file to get the data.

This info is provided as-is with no warranties. I have no idea if patching the Money installation by hand has other, unwanted side-effects so please, backup all your files first.
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 8:26 AM
  • The file is no longer available on that link. They must have brought it down quick. Any other ideas from anyone because I now fine myself in the same boat after upgrading my PC. I do still have a working Money on my old machine at the moment.
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:49 PM
  • It is still there.

File name: MnyCoreFiles.zip
    File description: 1105 patch files for MS Money (UK version)
    File size: 25.78 MB

Saturday, July 23, 2011 10:32 PM
  • Sunday, August 21, 2011 4:59 PM
  • Hi All

I know this is an old post but I have just had the same problem with updating a reinstallation of money 2005. After hours of searching I found a link to an update to 1105.

Do a clean install of Money 2005, then this link will automatically install the update. Then you can reinstall your back up files.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8D3E4565-A804-48E0-8F8C-75AB8DE405A1&displaylang=e&displaylang=en

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 12:17 AM
  • That link does not supply the 1105 patch, it supplies the complete version of MSmoney 2005 UK with the 1106 patch already included.

Therefore it is NOT necessary to first install any version of Money.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 12:35 PM
  • Try this it works on the uk version and I think many others? http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26922
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:48 AM