CRM 2013: Solution Import Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have two CRM organization, one for Production and the other one is for Testing. Whenever we would like to do a code change or customization change, we do it first in Testing, then import the solution into Production.

So far importing the customization from Testing --> Production is never an issue.

However for some reason importing the customization from Production --> Testing always fails for this reason:

I downloaded the error as below:

0x8004847C You cannot update this component because it does not exist in this Microsoft Dynamics CRM organization.

I'm confused why the error happens on an out-of the box entities. Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance, appreciate your input.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 1:01 AM

All replies

• Refer this and this.

Regards, Saad

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 4:55 AM
  • Remove all the saved queries from customizations.xml and import it. It should work

Sreeni Pavalla

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 5:11 AM
  • what you call "Testing" in reality is your development environment.

normally there are 3 environments

development (where you create the customizations and is the source of the solutions)

testing (where your testing users try the changes and get back with the results)

production (where the real data is and the customizations are imported after testing)

you have now a development and a production, many organizations have this situation (some have only a production instance) but one of the main rules it's to never move a customization from a production/testing environment to the development one. Only development should be used to customize. 

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 5:30 AM
  • Thank you all for the suggestions.Yes we used to have Activity Feed in CRM 2011, before we upgraded to 2013. Now we don't have it anymore in both Production and testing (dev) system.

Also thanks Guido for the term correction :)

I tried commenting out all of the saved queries on the affected entities. Then tried to re-import the solution package.

This time I got another error message when re-importing the customization. The error message from server trace:

Crm Exception: Message: Import failed, ErrorCode: -2147188706, InnerException: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): You can only specify the READPAST lock in the READ COMMITTED or REPEATABLE READ isolation levels.
        Line 19948:    at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.RootImportHandler.RunImport(String[] ImportEntities)
        Line 19948:    at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.RootImportHandler.RunImport(String[] ImportEntities)

Looking at this Microsoft article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946978 this is because SQL Replication is not supported for Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

Now I'm not sure if we have replication in production or the testing/dev CRM database. I tried reimporting solution from dev into itself and it's ok. But for some reason from dev --> production it keeps failing.

Any suggestions on this error?

Thanks much.

-tri

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 8:45 PM