Windows activation problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have a problem and am stuck in it!

I have a module which is actually a timer. It has a lcd monitor. I installed windows 7 on it but could not enter product key because it is not connected to the internet. I tried to find the problem because it has network adapter. I found that the problem is the Network adapter driver which is not installed on that. So I closed the product key window and went to another PC, downloaded the driver and came back.

Once I wanted to install network driver, It did not let me do that because the windows is not genuine!

I want to enter product key and make the windows genuine but I don't have access to the internet because the lack of network driver! I want to install network driver but it cannot be done because the windows is not genuine! It is a loop that I cannot solve it! can anyone help?

Is it possible to turn off the windows genuine authentication so I can download the network drive and activate windows?

PS: When I am extracting the install for network driver, everything freezes and does not work like mouse, keyboard and everything! 90 percent it is because of the windows which is not genuine.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:43 PM

Answers

• To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 ) - you can download it on another computer to a USB Stick, and transfer it to the affected PC, then save the data to the stick and copy it to your reply.

Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
     To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Friday, August 16, 2013 6:20 PM

All replies

• There is absolutely no requirement to be connected to the internet in order to activate - you can use telephone activation

Click on the Start button

in the Search box, type

SLUI   3

and hit the Enter key

follow the instructions,

Friday, August 16, 2013 1:53 PM
  • Thanks. I talked to Microsoft, to activate it from their side, they said that we need to be connected.
    Friday, August 16, 2013 4:53 PM
  • Nonsense - unless you mean that they need to gain access to the computer to repair something?

Activation of Office and Windows  can be done over the telephone

Friday, August 16, 2013 5:12 PM
  • I was talking to them and tell them that the product key does not work. The woman from Microsoft says to hit on next and do not enter product key. So I did and the windows is not genuine. she said go to search and type something that I do not remember, so the activation page showed up. she said type this number and she started like this: 5 7 5 ....

So I typed and again it did not work because it says you are not connected to the internet. I read for her and she said you are not connected to the internet? I answered I do not know let me check, and I found that yes we are not connected. She said you have to be connected to activate your windows with the activation key.

Friday, August 16, 2013 5:26 PM
  • To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 ) - you can download it on another computer to a USB Stick, and transfer it to the affected PC, then save the data to the stick and copy it to your reply.

Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
     To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

Friday, August 16, 2013 6:20 PM