Advanced find for list of email addresses RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a list of email addresses in excel.  I would like to add all of them to an advanced find query and then add the contacts that match in CRM 2013 that list to a marketing list.  Is that possible Out of the Box?

(Using CRM 2013 on line)

Thanks much for any help!

Joe La

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 8:35 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately the advanced find query doesn't have the option to search for conditions where Email is IN a set of values.

Workaround: If you are looking at a code-less option then you can export the contacts from CRM and perform the search using excel. Mark (update) the contact in excel by setting a flag field to indicate that it has to be included in the marketing list. Re-import the data into CRM and use the flag field to query in the advanced find query.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Tuesday, May 13, 2014 10:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by Joe La Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:59 AM
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 10:29 PM

All replies

• Unfortunetly not. This isent possible.

The default import tool is very poor at matching and updating, and you are unable to import directly into the marketing list member entity.

Rune Daub Senior Consultant - Dynateam CRM http://www.dynateam.dk

• Unmarked as answer by Joe La Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:59 AM
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 8:42 PM
  • Unfortunately the advanced find query doesn't have the option to search for conditions where Email is IN a set of values.

Workaround: If you are looking at a code-less option then you can export the contacts from CRM and perform the search using excel. Mark (update) the contact in excel by setting a flag field to indicate that it has to be included in the marketing list. Re-import the data into CRM and use the flag field to query in the advanced find query.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Tuesday, May 13, 2014 10:29 PM
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 10:29 PM