CRM 2016: SubGrids - Need to have the "Delete" option set to "Remove" RRS feed

• Question

• When I insert a Subgrid it has the "Delete" option when a record is pulled in.  How can that be changed to be a "Remove" option? 

I selected wrong entry and the record saved before I could cancel.  So now I have this location on my record that I don't want associated, but I can't remove it, it only has the delete option and if I delete it will delete that record from the location table.

I know delete can be removed from users based on security roles, but I have the sys admin access.  And know if I selected the wrong location to add to my record, that someone else will do the same and will need to remove the entry without deleting it.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Robin,

I believe you have a 1:N relationship here. Unfortunately that's how it works. What you can do is you can open the record in sub grid and then you should see a lookup for the parent record in the form. Remove value from that look up field; this way you can disassociate without deleting the record. If you are using N:N relationship then deleting will not delete any record. Only the relationship record will be deleted.

Thanks

Sachith Chandrasiri

• Marked as answer by RobinRK Thursday, March 16, 2017 1:30 PM
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 11:38 PM