none
Detect Mouse Stopping RRS feed

• Question

• I want to make a script that left clicks once i stop moving the mouse. i need this script to constantly monitor the mouse for movement and once it stops for say, more than 1 sec, left click.

1. i am in a restrictive corporate environment and cannot install any software.
    2. I am not able to run PowerShell scripts (i tried changing the policy and was denied)
    2. i can run VBS scripts

it doesnt need to be sophisticated, just something that i can capture when the mouse has stopped moving and that left clicks once the mouse movement is stopped for more than 1 second, i need this to constantly run in a loop, so monitoring for mouse movement, then trigger left click on mouse stopped for > 1000 ms 

possible with VBS?

thanks for any help

Monday, July 16, 2018 3:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• I see you already asked your question in the "Scripting Guy's" forum, which is where I was going to direct you. I do not recall any mouse functionality in VBScript. I will do some research, but you may be out of luck.

Edit: I have several books on VBScript. The only related topic I could find was code to alter the mouse pointer in IE (like changing it to a hand or hourglass). That involves modifying a property of the IE.Document object. I doubt your application would expose anything similar, much less something to detect when the pointer has stopped moving.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Monday, July 16, 2018 3:08 PM
  • yes, Bill replied saying that wasnt the type of forum where you can have members assist with scripts, just answering questions... i found this link on google doing VBS Scripting forum search

thanks for any assistance Richard!

Monday, July 16, 2018 3:10 PM
  • I'd ask for help with your development project over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?forum=windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, July 16, 2018 3:40 PM
  • thanks richard.  doesnt seem to be VBA scripting. ill keep search
    Monday, July 16, 2018 4:11 PM
  • For help with general VBA you could ask over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=isvvba

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, July 16, 2018 4:22 PM