MS Money 2007 will not open backup without a Windows Live ID RRS feed

• Question

• After my computer crashed and I reinstalled MS Money 2007 I cannot open the backup file to recreate my file.

If I enter my LiveID account information and since there is no internet support, it cannot acknowledge it and will not open.

I checked the box 'I don't want to use a password'

I set the Password Manager to 'I want to use a Money password'

I checked the box to access without online services

I have download both a newer and older version of Money and it still will not open the backup file.

I would appreciate any help

Friday, July 27, 2012 1:21 AM

All replies

• You are restoring a backup file rather than trying to create a new file. Close Money.  Disconnect from the Internet.  Pull your ethernet cable or turn off your modem -- whatever it takes.

Start Money  by double-clicking your newest *.mbf restore file. When Money starts and you are asked for password information, click below the password field to select "I want to sign in to Money directly, without access to all online services." then click Next.

If you get into your file, continue. If you do not, close Money. Open Money by double-clicking your second-newest *.mbf restore file.

I you get into your file, remove your LiveID.  Do not attempt to change your LiveID.  If you
    already changed your LiveID, use the credentials that were in effect at the time that you saved that Money file.  To remove the Live ID, go to File-PasswordManager, and choose to remove your
    LiveID.  To remove or add a conventional password, also see File->PasswordManager.

The password is case-sensitive.  If you are not sure of your credentials, write down what you remember.  Consider permutations. Check your notes.  You will not get into the file without those credentials in effect when the file was saved.

Saturday, August 4, 2012 3:34 PM