Question about certification (70-536) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm really happy I found this forum.
    I'm thinking about start the certification for a while now, I have decided this weekend is the right one.

I'm planning to get the MCPD : Enterprise Application..., so there is hours of work in front of me....

I have to start by the 70-536, so I'm wondering the following:
    - How many questions are in the 70-536?
    - Which score do we need to pass?
    - How long is the exam?

I will train myself with the transceder, I have done a mock exam this afternoon to check where I am, I got 45% so it's time to get working seriously
    I would like to seat at the exam before the end of may do you think it's realistic?

Thanks for you help
    Superfly

Sunday, April 26, 2009 1:30 AM

Answers

• Hi

Answers to your questions

Number of questions varies between 50 and 60
    You need a score of 700/1000 or 70%.
    Exam is about 90 minutes with another 20 mins or so outside the exam. You also get an extra 30 mins if English is not your first language and the exam is not translated to your language.. but you need to ask first :)

As for realistic expectations, depends on how long you have been working with .NET and understand some of the fundamentals.
    MCP,MCAD,MCSD.NET,MCTS*7,MCPD*3,MCITP*2,MCDBA Blog: http://certsandprogs.blogspot.com
    Sunday, April 26, 2009 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hi

Answers to your questions

Number of questions varies between 50 and 60
    You need a score of 700/1000 or 70%.
    Exam is about 90 minutes with another 20 mins or so outside the exam. You also get an extra 30 mins if English is not your first language and the exam is not translated to your language.. but you need to ask first :)

As for realistic expectations, depends on how long you have been working with .NET and understand some of the fundamentals.
    MCP,MCAD,MCSD.NET,MCTS*7,MCPD*3,MCITP*2,MCDBA Blog: http://certsandprogs.blogspot.com
    Sunday, April 26, 2009 3:04 PM
  • Hi Nial,

Thanks for you quick answer.
    All of this sounds good, for the translation thing, you mean if I ask for the exam in English I can get a extra 30 min even thought the exam exist in my mother tongue (which is not english).

For the expectation I'm working in .NET for about 4 years now, but there is a lot of area I didn't work on. I'm discovering a lot in security, serialization, globalisation, diagnostic....

I'm plannning to work every evening next week a redoing a mock exam, and see where I will be.

Thanks for your help
    Superfly
    Sunday, April 26, 2009 3:13 PM
  • I dont know if you can do that as I have never done. For example I am based in Norway and the exams are not translated into Norwegian (I am a native English speaker so thats not a problem :) )

But by default, we are given the extra 30 mins as the majority of people are not native speakers.

Whether you can do that in your case I dont know, the best thing is to ask the testing centre before you book it.
    Monday, April 27, 2009 6:26 AM