Missing shared folders after unlock drive (BitLocker Drive Encryption) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a small problem ..On my WHS 2011  server, I added Bitlocker Drive Encryption on my drive D: (data).

I have no TPM chip on motherboard, and I only can encrypt data drive, not system drive. It is OK, after boot om my WHS server, I logg as admin from PC client (remote desktop), unlock drive D by password.  But in this time in Dashboard I cannot see any of my shared folders (of course data on D: are OK), but the definition of pool is missing. In DashBoard I can see default folders like D:\ServerFolders\Music , D:\ServerFolders\Documents, but with status "missing drive"..I have to recreate this folders again. Definition on my private polls I have to add again.

I understand, that during a boot is data drive locked, and Dashboard cannot read info about pool, but after manual unlock od data drive I assumed that Dashboard will refresh pool info...

Can somebody help me to solve this problem ? Restart any service...

Best regards,

DM

Sunday, February 5, 2012 6:50 AM

All replies

• Shares are activated/started at boot time. When the required volume does not exist, there will be no share.

Did you try bitlocker on the system drive with a USB-key? I think you should be able to activate both USB-key and PIN together with the command line tool manage-bde.

• Proposed as answer by Ken Warren Monday, February 6, 2012 12:23 AM
    Sunday, February 5, 2012 11:47 AM