How does AdCenter handle plurals for non-plural keywords? RRS feed

• Question

• It appears to me that AdCenter isn't matching on the plural of a keyword.  In one of my campaigns I have created groups of keywords, and then matched them with the same words in their plural form.  Here is an example.

"Health Insurance Quote" vs. "Health Insurance Quotes"

or

[Health Insurance Quote] vs. [Health Insurance Quotes]

I did this because in my previous campaigns I noticed if I searched for the plural of a non-plural keyword I wasn't getting a hit at Live.  Now I can understand this on the exact matches.  An exact match is just that, exact.  So that one makes sense.  What about the phrase ones?  Is the logic to say if the phrase words match individually exactly then it will display, or is there some logic that says for the words in a phrase match they can have a match on a word which is or is not in it's plural form?

To expand on this what about other forms of the word?  If I had the keyword phrase [Health Insurance Quote] would I get a match if someon searched on [Healthy Insurance Quote] or [Health Insurance Quoting] ??

I don't think I have a real preference either way, just would like to know how it is working and what would be the best way to set up campaigns to cover both ways.

Thanks,

Smile dave

Friday, August 31, 2007 12:18 AM

Answers

• adCenter treats all variations of a word as unique. Quotes is treated as a different keyword than quote or quoted. Google uses an approach sometimes called stemming, that is, it matches the root word. So if the keyword is quote, then it will also match quotes and quoted, etc. There are advantages for either approach. With adCenter, you can bid seperately on all variations of a word.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:39 PM

All replies

• yes. according to the "research tool" data there are benefits to

utilizing singulars and plurals.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 1:16 PM
  • adCenter treats all variations of a word as unique. Quotes is treated as a different keyword than quote or quoted. Google uses an approach sometimes called stemming, that is, it matches the root word. So if the keyword is quote, then it will also match quotes and quoted, etc. There are advantages for either approach. With adCenter, you can bid seperately on all variations of a word.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:39 PM