none
Money 2006 Password?? RRS feed

• Question

• Recently my hard drive went bad.  I had most of the files recovered and had a new hard drive installed.  I had Money 2004 and upgraded to Money 2006, however, I don't have any of the original disks.  The program backed up my files and worked just fine.  I thought that by buying another Money 2006 deluxe program it would open my backed up files and everything would be just right where I left off.  Nope, why will it not open the files without a password??  I don't ever remember using a password to open the program or the account file.  Need help asap 
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 5:38 PM

All replies

• I presume you are in North America. Then I would install Money Plus Deluxe Sunset. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2118008

Copy the *.mny and your newest and second-newest *.mbf to Documents folder on the new drive. Open *.mny. Adjust the settings for the future backups.

Try to return the Money 2006 you just bought for refund to whoever sold it to you.

PocketSense can let you get OFX statement download if your Financial Institution(s) provide the servers.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 5:57 PM