CRM 2011 online test environment RRS feed

• Question

• If we need an environment for developing and testing, how can we create this CRM 2011 online environment?
    Monday, June 27, 2011 7:05 AM

Answers

• You'll want to purchase an Online test environment.  You can limit the number of licenses to just a few.  You're other option might be to setup an OnPremise Virtual environment and then import / export your customizations from one to the other.

Regards, Donna

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, June 27, 2011 4:43 PM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 12:30 PM

All replies

• You'll want to purchase an Online test environment.  You can limit the number of licenses to just a few.  You're other option might be to setup an OnPremise Virtual environment and then import / export your customizations from one to the other.

Regards, Donna

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, June 27, 2011 4:43 PM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 12:30 PM
  • I like the on-prem virtual idea myself.   I haven't had too much trouble so far transferring customizations from online to on-premise and as long as I register my plugin's in sandbox mode it simulates well.

I am not aware of a way to debug online plugin's without installing them locally in on-prem.  That is one advantage to the virtual, you can attach to the process on our virtual server in visual studio and step through things.

Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 1:30 AM