ie 11 debugger not good for crm debugging? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I recently switched over to IE 11 from IE 9 and I haven't been very satisfied with it. In IE 9 if there was an "Error on Page" in the status bar then I could press F12 to put the browser in debug mode.  Then I could simply repeat the use case and the debug breakpoint would get hit automatically with no additional work on my part. This does not seem to work in the IE 11 debugger. If it does then it's not as consistent or full implemented.

Also, in IE 9 I was able to select my script of interest from the scripts dropdown in the debugger.  For example, a custom js file named "new_case_form_event_handlers.js."  The debugger in IE 11 does not seem to have this option or at least I'm not aware of how to configure/access it.

Do you also feel that the IE 11 debugger seems like a downgrade from the IE 9 debugger? Have you uninstalled IE 11 and reverted back to IE 9?  I'm interested to hear your experiences, preferences and workarounds. 
    Tuesday, April 1, 2014 8:13 PM

All replies

• Well IE11 is not yet supported - unless you have CRM 2013 with Rollup 2 

What version of CRM are you using?

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:42 AM
  • @TZ00KI, that's interesting to know.   Are you suggesting that IE11 should not be used with CRM 2011?  Or even CRM 2013 Rollup 1?  Should we specifically tell users not to use IE11 until we have CRM 2013 in place?  We're currently on CRM 2011 Rollup 12.  Do you have a url that I can provide to my manager that states this recommendation/constraint?

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:04 PM
  • Here you go:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2669061

As you can see CRM 2011 is not compatible with IE11 (you can try adding it into compatibility view which usually resolves all sorts of issues - don't know about the debugger though)

And CRM 2013 is compatible after updating to Rollup 2.0

Please vote if you find my post helpful - Thanks Michael

• Edited by TZ00KI Thursday, April 3, 2014 7:07 AM
    • Proposed as answer by TZ00KI Thursday, April 3, 2014 7:41 AM
    Thursday, April 3, 2014 7:06 AM