locked
Import solution failure on CRM Online RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi Everyone,

    I am currently in the process of migrating a CRM 2016 on-prem to CRM online. I downloaded the default solution from the on-prem, and tried to import it into Online, but received the following error: 'Invalid name for attribute sendermailboxid.  Custom attribute names must start with a valid customization prefix. The prefix for a solution component should match the prefix that is specified for the publisher of the solution.' The error comes from one of the custom activities. I do not understand why is this attribute recognized as custom attribute, since it is definitely system-created. It is present in both source and target systems on all activities. Is it a known issue? Are there any fixes present for this?

    Regards,

    Adam

    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 3:15 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

    What I ended up doing is editing the customizations.xml file and remove the attribute that is causing the problem for all activity entities.

    It resolved the problem, although I needed multiple tries to get it right.

    • Marked as answer by Adam Borsik Monday, April 11, 2016 1:16 PM
    Monday, April 11, 2016 1:16 PM

All replies

  • Hi

    I guess its because that sendermailboxid which is standard field has different attributeId in on-premise and online. so when import tries to create a second field with same schemaid but different guid of attribute, it throws this error.

    dont know if its a good solution to import on-prem default solution to online.

    you should instead list down the entities where you have custom components and import only those entities.

    in case of a conflict in such cases., add the conflicted fields manually in online system and move dependent components like webresources (excluding the entity itself)

    Thursday, March 17, 2016 3:37 PM
  • I get the same problem when importing a solution from one on-prem org to another. I´ve analysed it and the problem occurs with all our custom activity types.

    Any advices appreciated.


    Monday, April 4, 2016 1:41 PM
  • Hi 

    We are also affected by this problem.
    After migrating our DEV and TEST from CRM 2015 to 2016 we are no longer able to import our Solution from DEV to TEST. Both system are on-prem. It is the exact same error message as the one mentioned above. 

    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 12:44 PM
  • Hi,

    What I ended up doing is editing the customizations.xml file and remove the attribute that is causing the problem for all activity entities.

    It resolved the problem, although I needed multiple tries to get it right.

    • Marked as answer by Adam Borsik Monday, April 11, 2016 1:16 PM
    Monday, April 11, 2016 1:16 PM
  • I too had to make SQL updates to the Attribute table to fix it 

    Update attribute 
    set IsCustomField=0,IsCustomizable=0
    where Name = 'sendermailboxid'

    Wednesday, October 12, 2016 6:44 PM