Nortel CS1000M RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

someone  have experience about integration between Nortel CS1000M and OCS 2007?

In the private Beta 3 this PBX was not supported, and in the public beta?

In the  private beta3 newsgroup someone told me that for CS1000 need a Media Gateway and Mediation Server, is correct?   Or is enough only CS1000 without Media Gateway and without Mediation Server?

Thanks,

Elia.

Thursday, April 5, 2007 10:32 AM

Answers

• Elia:

I Know that you must have some special license on Nortel CS 1000M named SIP CTI TR87, your CS1000M must have the Release 4.5 and require some patches on your Signaling Server to do this.

Please contact someone from Nortel to get this.

Friday, April 6, 2007 6:26 PM

All replies

• Elia:

I Know that you must have some special license on Nortel CS 1000M named SIP CTI TR87, your CS1000M must have the Release 4.5 and require some patches on your Signaling Server to do this.

Please contact someone from Nortel to get this.

Friday, April 6, 2007 6:26 PM
  • You will need a medation server until the advanced gateways are introduced, which should be before the RTM release of OCS 2007.

As for the specifics of the Nortel  CS 1000 I would have to quote Brian Ricks from a different post:

Ohhh...the ultimate hardware questions! From a known to work standpoint, various vendors have been validated and/or expressed interest in supporting the hardware. 

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/presskits/uc/partners.mspx

I would say test and test some more. The key requirement is the hardware must support SIP over TCP, so your box may work. Again, support from Microsoft only comes after extensive testing; so just becuse it is not offically supported does not mean that it will not work.

Brian Ricks, MCSE, MVP

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:45 AM