none
LS-DYNA job failed through job scheduler RRS feed

• Question

• Hi expert,

I meet with a very special problem which is from our customer by using LS-DYNA in windows hpc server 2008 sp1.

When we submit a job for LS-DYNA application computing on one compute node by job scheduler, the job will fail just after submission or after a period of computing without clear error message output. It seems that the job is crashed.

But if we let the LS-DYNA compute directly on the same compute node, it can compute successfully.

Also we monitor the memory usage of the compute node when the LS-DYNA application is computing by using the "view performance chart" and find that the memory of the compute node will be exhausted suddenly by the computing which through job scheduler but the another one (not through job scheduler) not. 

[by the way, how can i upload a image in this thread? so i can upload the performance chart image for the usage of the memory of the compute node when computing for the two situation]

So i wonder if there is any bug with the job scheduler or any compatibility issue with LS-DYNA or others?

Here is some information for your reference.

HPC Version: windows hpc server 2008 with hpc pack sp1

Compute Node: 32G Memeory, 2*4 Cores Intel Xeon CPU

Network: enterprise 1Gb, private 1Gb,  application infiniband

LS-DYNA verison:  ls971d R2 7600.1224 SMP

LS-DYNA command line: c:\SmtcProgram\LSDYNA\program\ls971_d_7600.1224_winx64_p\ls971_d_7600.1224_winx64_p.exe i=deg.k ncpu=8 memory=1500MB

Thanks

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

There is no problem for LS-Dyna to run with Wondows HPC.

When you submit the job to run LS-Dyna, what command did you use? After you submit the job and it failed, could you share the output of the job? You can use job view [jobid] to get the job description. My guess it probably the path of the lsdyna executables not found?

Thanks,

James

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:01 PM
  • No additional information on this issue has been received. Assuming it has been resolved & closing.

Friday, February 4, 2011 11:52 PM