Windows Live OneCare cannot start back-up? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, I have two laptops running Windows Live OneCare and one of them works great, back-up to my external hard-drive is easy and I have no problems. My second laptop (HP TX2114ca) is able to update OneCare; however, I can't back-up my files to my external hard drive! About half the time I get a message saying:
         "Backup cannot start because Virus and spyware scanning is already running. Try again, later, or cancel Virus and spryware scanning and then try running back-up again".
    The rest of the time One Care says that  the external hard drive is not recognized even though the external hard drive used to work fine for back-ups! The message I get when the above message comes up is as follows:
         "OneCare couldnot back up files to the Central Backup Device because the device is currently inaccessible. Please make sure that the device is connected, network is available and firewall settings allow back-up, then try running back-up again." 
         I haven't been able to back-up anything for some time now and am looking for some advice. Please note I am not a computer expert in any way so step by step instructions are great. Thanks!
    • Edited by 1dave123 Friday, July 31, 2009 5:01 PM
    Friday, July 31, 2009 4:47 PM

Answers