none
I keep getting 'banned user' when attempting to log in with my proper user account RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting 'banned user' when attempting to log in with my user account <e-mail removed>

I have never been banned (at least there was never a notification nor have I given any reason to be banned) so what's going on??

I had to create this temp account and can now access forums but I want to be able to use my old account.

• Edited by Naomi NModerator Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:37 PM Removed e-mail
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• HI xin !

Banning user can be one of follwing user;

1) Spam / Advertising

2) Violation of code of conduct

3) Using abusive language

The reason will be known to forum Administrators / Owner. User banned will not be notified of the reason.

Please let me know your old User Name which you used heer so i may try to find out the reason for you.

Thanks, Hasham

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:51 AM
  • HI xin !

Banning user can be one of follwing user;

1) Spam / Advertising

2) Violation of code of conduct

3) Using abusive language

The reason will be known to forum Administrators / Owner. User banned will not be notified of the reason.

Please let me know your old User Name which you used heer so i may try to find out the reason for you.

Thanks, Hasham

Just wanted to add to please link to your user account's profile so that we can see what it is.

Also, you probably want to remove/change your email to avoid spam.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:34 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Hasham,

I've never been abusive, spammed or advertised and certainly shouldn't have violated any code of conduct. With my old account I was always being helpful.

My old username was -MainFrame- and the email I used to log in with was jonbreen@live.com

If I can start using that account again it would be great!

Many thanks,

Jon

Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:50 PM
  • Hi Ed,

Never really been bothered about spam, but thanks anyway. My old username was -MainFrame- the profile is here: http://social.microsoft.com/profile/-mainframe-/

Many thanks,

Jon

Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:01 PM
  • Nothing (except for biography changes) shows in your Activity page and there is 0 points. So, it looks like the profile was indeed banned for unknown reason. Hopefully Forum Admins can investigate and correct it if it was done by mistake.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:36 PM
  • Hi Naomi,

How do I get forum admins to investigate and correct the problem?

Many thanks.

Saturday, April 7, 2012 11:47 AM
  • If the Admins will not respond in this thread, then try using Site Feedback button at the very bottom of the forum's page.

My blog

Monday, April 9, 2012 3:54 AM
  • If the Admins will not respond in this thread, then try using Site Feedback button at the very bottom of the forum's page.

My blog

Yes, that's the process. Ping us back here if you don't hear back. Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, April 9, 2012 5:43 PM
    Owner