Product Key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I was given an HP Laptop as a present after I graduated from high school. Microsoft was all ready installed on my computer. The person that bought it for me installed it on the computer. But later my computer had to be reboot because of some virsues and It made me set up my computer all over again like I about. I went to use Microsoft Word 2007 but its asking me for a product key i do not have since it was given me for a gift! So what do i do about the product key number. 
    • Moved by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, February 3, 2010 8:36 PM Office question moved to Office forum (From:Windows Vista Validation Issues (Windows Vista))
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 10:40 PM

Answers

• Hi LoveNique,

Unfortunatly, the only thing I can suggest is contacting the person that gave you the laptop and see if they have the card, that came in the packaging for Office, that has the Product Key printed on it.

Sorry I can't be more help,
    Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, February 2, 2010 11:04 PM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 11:04 PM

All replies

• Hi LoveNique,

Unfortunatly, the only thing I can suggest is contacting the person that gave you the laptop and see if they have the card, that came in the packaging for Office, that has the Product Key printed on it.

Sorry I can't be more help,
    Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, February 2, 2010 11:04 PM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 11:04 PM
  • Hi LoveNique,

To get an exact suggestion for office issues. Try this link http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/default.aspx

David

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 11:29 PM